If you are passionate about working with children and looking for a close community, join us for an unforgettable summer!
We are looking for caring and enthusiastic counselors to join our team!
Our counselors are at the center of the Camp Birch Hill experience. For many campers, relationships with our staff will represent some of their most potent experiences with role models outside of their family. So every year we try to be really intentional as we hire people who live locally as well as those across the United States and around the world! Birch Hill counselors have a variety of backgrounds, interests, and personalities, but above all they are friendly people who are ready to have fun and immerse themselves into camp life.
2024 Employment Dates:
June 21st – August 11th
This includes 9 days of pre-camp training before campers arrive. Housing and meals are provided for the duration of employment. All counselors receive at least a couple of hours off each day and a 24 hour period off once per week.
- Must be 18 years old and have graduated high school by the time of employment.
- Available for the entire season. (See dates above)
- Able to pass a criminal background check to work with children.
- Ready to live in a cabin with another counselor and 6-10 campers.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a passion for working with children.
- Enjoys being in community with others.
- Is able to use their skills to teach exciting classes.
- Brings kindness and upbeat energy to our camp.
Counselor Responsibilities Include:
- Supervising campers with a priority on health and wellness.
- Providing social/emotional support for your cabin of 6-10 campers and all children you interact with around camp.
- Teaching classes in the program area(s) you have experience with (adventure, waterfront, arts, theater, land sports, nature studies, etc.)
- Connecting with campers and fostering excitement!
Interested in working at Camp Birch Hill?
We can’t wait to hear from you!